Mansfield Township Police Department will be cracking down on drunk drivers as part of the 2016 Labor Day “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign. We have been awarded a grant by the New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety for increased DWI enforcement beginning today through September 5th. Holiday weekends bring a surge in drunk driving. Take action toward ensuring a safe Labor Day for you and those you care about.
Mansfield Township Police Department offers the following advice:
- If you plan to drink, designate a driver, someone who will not drink alcohol, before going out.
- Take mass transit, a taxi or ask a sober friend to drive you home.
- Spend the night where the activity is held.
- Always buckle up, every ride, regardless of your seating position in the vehicle. It’s your best defense against an impaired driver.
- If you’re intoxicated and traveling on foot, the safest way to get home is to take a cab or have a sober friend or family member drive you to your doorstep.
Need a sober designated driver? Find one with the SaferRide app, designed to make your ride home safe and easy. #DriveSober http://ow.ly/11jw300nxnZ