The recruiting goal of the Mansfield Township Police Department is to attract qualified individuals to pursue a career with the department with a special emphasis on recruiting females and underrepresented minorities.
The Mansfield Township Police Department is subject to the provisions of New Jersey Statutes Annotated 40A:14-118, et seq. and municipal ordinance in all facets of the recruitment and selection process.
The Township of Mansfield is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum requirements for the position of police officer with the Mansfield Township Police Department:
- Be not less than 21 years of age or more than 35 years of age, unless currently enrolled in the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System;
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America, and a resident of the State of New Jersey;
- Must possess a valid New Jersey drivers license;
- Must have completed a minimum of 60 college credits or possess an Associate’s degree at the time of application, this requirement will be waived for applicants that possess a basic course for police officer certification with two years of full-time experience;
- Must have a good reputation and be of sound moral character and must not have been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude;
- Must be able to meet the standards of agency tattoo policy (arm tattoos are permitted provided they are covered by long sleeve uniform shirt. No tattoos on face, neck, or hands);
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete job-related practical exercises.
Those that do not possess a Police Training Commission Certification must reside in the following Burlington County communities:
- Mansfield Township
- Chesterfield Township
- Springfield Township
- North Hanover Township
Currently Seeking Police Officer Candidates – Full-time – see below