The Mansfield Township Police Department (Burlington County) is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Proposed salary range is $42,393 to $80,682 plus fringe benefit package. Applicants with three years full-time police experience may be offered higher starting salary.
Candidates may request an application during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) or by appointment beginning Monday, June 29, 2015 through Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at the Mansfield Township Police Department located at 190A Atlantic Ave, Columbus, NJ 08022. Closing date for the return of applications will be 3:00 p.m. on Monday, July 13, 2015. All applicants must pick up their application in-person.
Eligibility Criteria for the Mansfield Township Police Officer Position:
- Must be not less than 21 years of age or more than 35 years of age, unless currently enrolled in Police and Firemen’s Retirement System;
- Must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of New Jersey;
- Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license;
- Must have completed a minimum of 60 college credits or possess an Associate’s Degree at the time of application, otherwise this provision must be satisfied within one year of hiring;
- Must have a minimum of two years of satisfactory employment or military experience indicating the maturity of the applicant;
- Must be currently enrolled in or a graduate of the Basic Course for Police Officers from a New Jersey Police Training Commission certified police academy. Applicants with SLEO II certification may be considered, if eligible for a waiver to satisfy the basic training requirement.
- Must have a good reputation and be of sound moral character and must not have been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude;
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to qualify with required weapons;
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete job-related practical exercises.
Mansfield Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.