Mansfield Police Department

Police Blotter – 09/30/13

On Thursday, September 19th at 1:47 p.m., a vehicle was stopped on West Main Street after a random check revealed the registration had expired. During the officer’s contact with the occupants, he determined that the passenger, Barbara G. Kraniak, 44 years old of Deptford, was wanted on an active warrant from Haddon Heights Municipal Court. Kraniak was arrested and taken to the station for processing. After processing, she was release on her own recognizance pending court.

On September 19th at 2:00 p.m., an officer observed a male subject committing a pedestrian violation on County Route 543. The officer made contact with the individual, identified as Demetriq D. Evans, 24 years old of Newark, and during that interaction it was learned that Evans was wanted on several outstanding warrants issued out of the municipal courts of Springfield Twp, Union Twp, Newark City, and Shrewsbury Borough. Evans was taken into custody, processed at the station, and eventually lodged in the county jail in lieu of bail.

Police were dispatched to the Pine Motel on Wednesday, September 25th at 2:54 a.m. in response to a 911 call for an individual who refused to leave the premises. A check of the area led to the subject, James Hick III, 22 years old of Lawnside, being located. While investigating the initial call, police discovered two active warrants for Hicks’ arrest. One warrant was issued by Deptford Township Municipal Court and the other by Monroe Township Municipal Court. As a result, Hicks was arrested and transported to police headquarters. Both courts authorized Hicks’ release on his own recognizance pending court.

On Wednesday, September 25th at about 11:30 p.m., police stopped a vehicle for a speeding violation on West Main Street. A routine check of the driver’s license during the stop revealed an active warrant from North Hanover Municipal Court. The driver, Joel Beauvais, 24 years old of Upper Darby, PA, was arrested and taken to the station to answer the warrant. He posted bail and was released.

On Thursday, September 26th at about 1:00 p.m., a report of a door-to-door solicitor on White Pine Road was received. Officers responded to the area and located a male subject carrying a backpack of cleaning products. The subject was reportedly dropped of by a manager to canvas the area and be picked up later. The individual and the company he represented had not applied for a soliciting permit from the township and were in violation of the ordinance. Officer’s made contact with the manager who had left the immediate area to drop off numerous other representatives in the vicinity. The manager, Timothy J. Witherspoon, 45 years old of High Point, NC, was told to return to pick-up his representative on White Pine Road. As the field representative of T&B Sales, Inc. of Jonesboro, GA and the person responsible for organizing and dropping off the sales staff, Witherspoon was cited for violating the township code on operating a door-to-door soliciting business. Witherspoon was released pending a court appearance.

On Saturday, September 28th at 12:24 p.m. police responded to a home on Atlantic Avenue for a reported dispute. While mediating the dispute between the parties and gathering the information, it was determined that one of the individuals, Ryan F. Martini, 26 years old of Columbus, was wanted on warrants from Bordentown Township and Pennsauken Township. Martini was taken to police headquarters for processing where he was later released on his own recognizance pending court.

On September 30th at 10:34 p.m., police were dispatched to a residence on East Main Street for a trespassing complaint. When police arrived, the homeowner was standing outside with a male later identified as Israel Cruz, 19 years old. The homeowner stated that Cruz entered his residence through an unlocked door. After coming upon Cruz, the homeowner escorted Cruz outside and called police. While on location and when speaking to Cruz, it was apparent that he had been drinking alcoholic beverages. Cruz was placed under arrest for criminal trespass and disorderly conduct. He was transported to police headquarters for processing, then lodged in the Burlington County Jail in lieu of bail.