Mansfield Police Department

Police Blotter 8/31/13

On Saturday, August 31st at 10:18 a.m., police stopped a vehicle in the parking lot of the Agway on Rt. 206 after learning that the registered owner, Michael Margerum, 42 years old of Ewing, had a suspended driver’s license. Investigation revealed that Margerum also had an active warrant for his arrest. Margerum was taken into custody and transported to police headquarters for processing. He was later turned over to Delran Township Police to answer the warrant. Margerum was issued a motor vehicle summons driving while suspended.

On Tuesday, September 3rd at 11:50 p.m., Mansfield officers stopped a vehicle on State Highway 206 for speeding. During the stop, the odor of alcoholic beverages was detected coming from the breath of the driver, Peter H. Myers, 19 years old of Duncansville, PA. Myers was charged with DWI and numerous other motor vehicle offenses. In addition, officers observed CDS in plain view in the passenger compartment of the vehicle during the stop, which led to the arrest of the other occupants: Donald P. Daniels, 18 years old of Quakertown, PA, Aaron S. Ray, 19 years old of Byron, NY, and Jacob M. Winter, 21 years old of Quakertown, PA. Myers and the three passengers were all charged with Possession of CDS and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. After processing, each subject was released pending court.

On Wednesday, September 4th a burglary to a vehicle was reported. The victim parked his car in the parking lot of the Mansfield Community Park off of East Main Street in Columbus at approximately 7:25 p.m. He reported that when he returned at around 8:00 p.m. the contents of his vehicle had been rifled through. The victim didn’t note anything missing, but the suspect’s motive is believed to be theft.

Police stopped a vehicle on Thursday, September 5th at 12:29 p.m. being operated by, George G. Grouser, 54 years old of Columbus. Police were aware of active warrants for the subject and that his driver’s license was suspended. Grouser was arrested and transported to police headquarters for processing. After processing, Grouser was released on bail and given a court date on several motor vehicle offenses that he was cited for.